PASTA FAZOOL ...
OTHERWISE KNOWN as PASTA FAGOLI
Recipe from "La Tavola'
by Daniel Bellino-Zwicke
1 lb Dried Cannellini Beans soak overnight in water
3 oz. Diced Pancetta (may be omitted)
6 cloves Garlic peeled and chopped
6 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Carrot, chopped
1 medium Onion, peeld and chopped fine
2 Stalks Celery, chopped fine
15 oz. can chopped Tomatoes
1 quart Chicken Stock
1 1/2 quarts water
1 lb. Italian Ditalini Pasta
1 sprig Fresh Sage
1) Drain Beans and wash in water.
2) Saute Pancetta in a large pot that is big enough to hold all
ingredients when added. Saute for 4 minutes over low heat
then drain off half the fat rendered from Pancetta.
3) Add next 5 ingredients and saute over low heat for 6 mins.
4) Add tomatoes, saute for 6 minutes.
5) Add chicken broth, water, Beans, and Sage.
6) Cook at a low simmer for about 1 hour until Beans are
cooked but still have a slight bite to them.
- Daniel Bellino Zwicke